[AMPS] ALC

marv h. gonsior w6frmarv@juno.com
Fri, 06 Jun 1997 00:11:00 EDT

Hello All,

Jerry's (NO2T) posting strikes a total resonance with me as I ran a
system exactly as he described for many years.  It was on an AB1 5CX1500A
in passive grid with the Collins 30S-1type ALC generator.  However, it
was used in conjunction with an op amp configured as a summing amplifier.
It provided an adjustable DC threashold voltage to the ALC line up at the
point of deflection of the meter.  At that time, I didn't have the test
equipment to measure all the results but I can tell you that the AB1
quality was very evident.  I could shout into the mike and see no
deflection on a 4" 0-1 mA meter!  I know of one of these systems in use
today and it sounds extremely good.

73,

Marv, W6FR