[AMPS] LETS CHEW SOME MORE!

QROKING@aol.com QROKING@aol.com
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 23:35:15 -0500 (EST)

Well we got some very interesting responses to "chew on this"...I LIKE that.
 OK so lets do some more chewing. You may or may not agree with me so air
your views to amps@contesting.com, do not e-mail me.  OK so what happens to
that relected power that the swr is presenting?  Some said it gets radiated,
some said it goes up in heat back at the final tube plate, and some said if
you use a tuner the tuner goes up in heat.  So what is correct? Or is there
another thing that happens?  My view is that no matter where the reflected
power goes it is NOT part of the radiated power from your antenna.  Therefor
the reflected wattage is that much less power that the antenna radiates and
your signal (if measureable) would certainly be less strong then it would be
had you had no SWR.  OK, so if one uses an antenna tuner and the operator
measures 1:1 swr on an antenna that would have an swr of 2:1(normally)
without the tuner, would now all the reflected power be radiated by the
antenna?  What do you think? So if ones difference in signal could be
measured, would there be a difference in the signal between an antenna with a
1:1 swr without a tuner, and the signal from the same station with an antenna
with a 2:1 swr using a tuner to yield a 1:1 swr? What do you think?  Lets
hear from all you guys out there...whats the story on this???   73 LOU  W1QJ