[AMPS] QROKING saga

Ron Hooper ab4ru@stc.net
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 01:17:32 +0000

Assuming you do have 9 volts drop in the power line that is about 3.4
percent. I find it hard to belive your pulling 45 amps at 229 volts AC
and not exceding the 2 amp rating of the transformer.

What does the DC current plate meter say??? Sounds like from the primary
current your needing a bigger transformer. Assuming you had a
transformer with zero drop you would be pulling about 3.5 amps on the
secondary. I have bought transformers from Peter Dahl also but prefer
the guy I mention in Atlanta over them. He can load it down on the bench
before you buy it and show you how much drop it will have. Sounds like
you need something rated about 10kva and should forget that small stuff.
Ron W4WA