[AMPS] New Svetlana 3CX800A7 tube

Jiri Sanda jirka@jimaz.cz
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 16:42:50 +0100

Very simple....The Russians have been building tetrodes all along and
have them perfected.
Their experience with an all new tube is nil so it will take some time to
get it right. The same goes with large glass tubes. Grounded grid was not
part of the Russian military applications.
This told to me by a Svetlana executive.

This is not exactly true since there were Russian GG tubes both ceramics and glass for ages, as all the former "Eastern block" hams can vittness, like GI7b, GI14b, all the GS tubes, bunch of GU etc.

True is this is all new model but not a real novelty. I have seen dead EIMAC, RCA, and of course the Rusian tubes.

Remember also that Eimac, RCA, etc has had their share of problems with
new tubes.

73 !

Jiri OK1RI