[AMPS] Alpha-Power-Webpage-Address needed!

KR4DAGRIP@aol.com KR4DAGRIP@aol.com
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 09:17:21 -0500 (EST)

<< Hi to the High Power community,

 I tried in vain to find the Alpha Power (former ETO) webpage.
 Anybody who can help?

 The Beta 91 seems to be a very solid amp. How loud is the vacuum
 relais? I was very impressed by the Alpha 89 pin diode switching.  The
 blower and the switching is very quiet! How do you like your Beta 91?
 Any pros and cons are appreciated very much! >>

Well I sure like my 91b. I have had it for about 6 months and I know of three
other hams in the Atlanta area who have them...
I do not use QSK, yes the relay is clacky (noise clickclick) but I have heard
from
others that you get used to it and it fads to the back ground.
The 91b is a real pleasure to use as the dials TUNE and LOAD can be set back
there assigned bands numbers and should be as close as you need to be.
40 watts gives me as much power as I care to use (1500W)
Great protection circuits for us appliance operators. I also like the LED
meters
With a LED type meter you do not have to be looking directly at the amp to
see what is going on....and especially the RED leds let you know you
are running to much power or........you need to adjust/tune something.
Also QST magazine did a review recentally on several HI power AMPs
you should try and get a copy.
The fan can not be heard with head phones on.
Sorry on the Web page..I have been to it before but do not know if it is
still up.
Someone here will probably get that for you.

73 de KR4DA Bob Lawrenceville GA