[AMPS] ALPHA/POWER EXTENDED WARRANTY OFFER!!

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Thu, 6 Nov 97 11:16:18 -0800

>I personally have no objection to commercial advertising so long as it
>represents a small portion of the reflector volume and it remains in good
>taste (ie. no attacks).  The problem is how would it be moderated?  -- W8KX

Therein lies the knotty problem.  Moderated anything tends to attract
moderators who like to play censor.  IMO, the post in question was
relevant.  It certainly generated less bandwidth that the kvetching that
followed.  Genuine spam would have been for something like:   make
$50,000 per week at home, proffering pictures of unclad teenage
cheerleaders, spam-bot software, or "bible" tracts for yet another whacko
religious cult.  I received one spam advertisment that was titled "Spam".
 .not bad, not bad.   .  So if the 'cheerleaders' were without their
cheerleader costumes, how would one know if they were cheerleaders,
ballet dancers, Walmart cashiers, kindergarten teachers, or just
plain-vanilla nudists?
Rich---

>>>It is so sad to see shameless, blatant, and purly commercial SPAM on
>>>this list.
>>>Please, don't do this again.
>>>
>>>Thank you.
>>>
>>>Dan Gannon, WA5ANF
>>____________________________________________________________________
>>Shameless?  Blatant?  What's to be ashamed of?  Excuse me, but what's
>>the difference between Dick Ehrhorn's message and any of the "I have
>>this near mint condx amp for sale" sort of message that is put on the
>>reflector by other hams?  Personally, I think Dick's message was of
>>some considerable interest to a number of the hams that subscribe to
>>this list and see nothing wrong with it!  What say others?
>>
>>Rod, N5HV
>>w5hvv@aeneas.net
>>

>>--
>>FAQ on WWW: