[AMPS] techno-babble

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Fri, 28 Nov 97 19:59:30 -0800

>IMHO, thousands of good amps in daily use testify to Tom's credentials as
>a competent designer.

Mr. Rauch's 8877 amplifier design, the MFJ/Ameritron AL-1500 uses no VHF
suppressor whatsoever.  I know of no other HF 8877 amplifier on this
planet that does not use one.  During the parasitics debate, Mr. Rauch
stonewalled the issue of whether the AL-1500 even used a VHF suppressor.
Finally, an owner e-mailed with the information that it did not use such
a suppressor.

Mr. Rauch claims that his single-ended grounded-grid amplifier designs
are "neutralized".  Are yours?
>On the other hand, IMHO RIch often gives the strong impression that he
>thinks no amplifier designer other than himself has any clue how to
>suppress/avoid VHF parasitics.

Any ARRL member can submit a manuscript to *QST*.  Prior to 1988, there
was no information in any ARRL prublication on how to design a VHF
suppressor.  If you have knowledge on the subject, Mr. Erhorn, why not
write an article about it and submit the manuscript to *QST*?.    How
about you, Mr. Rauch?  Your friend Reid Brandon, who works at Eimac, said
he was not aware of any article on VHF parasitics.  Why didn't he write
an article on VHF parasitics?