[AMPS] B+resistors

km1h @ juno.com km1h@juno.com
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 17:56:06 EDT

On Fri, 10 Oct 97 11:35:15 -0800 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net> writes:

>What is the resonant frequency of this capacitor with a wide
>copper-foil
>short across it?

I'll measure some time and let you know.

>I do not see how.  The vhf choke, RFC-2, (or it's replacement, the
>glitch
>R) is some distance from the anode's VHF-resonant circuit.  I have
>never
>seen this choke damaged by a VHF parasitic-oscillation - - nor have I
>seen a SB-220's main RFC damaged by a parasitic, probably because it
>has
>no resonance around the frequency of parasitic-oscillation - 110MHz.

I never said the chokes were damaged but we have all seen damage to the
zener which sticks right into the RF field plus other PS damage.
Parasitics IMO were not the culprit, poor component layout in the B+ and
bias circuits are more to blame.
No magic or space men...just simple, often overlooked details,  that is
not a problem "most" of the time.

73   Carl   KM1H