[AMPS] TL-922 went dead....

OLYMPUS Support Group carsten.esch@olympus-software.com
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 16:47:42 -0800

Hello everyone,

I just got an dead TL 922 from a friend who took part for only 13 hours
in the contest, than the 922 signed away....

He reports that just from the start, tuning was very strange on most
bands, more precise, the LOAD control was most of the time on the fully
left position (smallest C)(SWR on the antennas was ok!).

After 13 hours the amp would indicate HF out on the inbuild meter, but
after a few seconds the needle would drop to zero. After retuning with
the TUNE knob it worked for some seconds and than went to zero again.

I haven't opened the amp yet, maybe you could give me a hint where to
look first.

Thank you,

Carsten, DL6LAU - J75T