[AMPS] CENTURION HELP

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Sat, 6 Sep 97 11:10:06 -0800

>> To:            amps@contesting.com
>
>> According to a friend who had one, the early
>> CENTURIANS kept full idle current,
>> even in the stand-by mode!
>
>I measured the seal temperature on a friend's unit, and the seals
>exceeded Eimac's ratings with the PA idling!!

IMO, a genuine amplifier 'expert' would be curious as to why the anode
current, which should be cutoff during receive/standby mode, wasn't.  / /
 In order for the seals to get this hot, the bias voltage must have been
close to zero during receive and during transmit.  Maybe something
mysteriously shorted -- which I seriously doubt was due to an internal
tube arc, caused by Rauchian vanishing-gas..  .
Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K