[AMPS] Linear with 4CX800A

km1h @ juno.com km1h@juno.com
Sat, 06 Sep 1997 18:51:52 EDT

On Sat, 6 Sep 97 11:10:02 -0800 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net> writes:
1.. Grid current -/- make the bias V adjustable, and set it for
>virtually  zero grid current with max. drive applied.   /  Using the
bias V adj.
>increase ZSAC  results in grid current, and distortion.  The best way
>to increase ZSAC is to increase screen V, as long as you do not exceed
>the  max. rating.

Here we go again!  HORSEFEATHERS Rich. Lets get off the theoretical and
into the living world.
Use a fixed voltage screen supply and vary the bias for proper  idle
current. It is easy and repeatable AND with modern tubes the IMD will
still be below the garbage from most riceboxes.
I am sure I will get grief from a few but the real object here is to
produce RF with a decent and acceptable level of crud. No one said it has
to be perfect.  Remember GIGO.
As I mentioned earlier, your first priority should be obtaining Alpha and
QRO manuals.

GL....Carl   KM1H