[AMPS] impedance of nichrome lower

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Thu, 11 Sep 97 17:21:48 -0800

>On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 13:28:56 +0000 w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net
>writes:
>>> From:          "Ian White, G3SEK" <G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk>
>>> Subject:       Re: [AMPS] impedance of nichrome lower
>>> Date:          Thu, 11 Sep 97 07:46:57 +0000
>>
>>Hi Ian,
>>
>>I thought about just ignoring Rich's comments, because this stuff
>>just goes on endlessly.
>
>The rest SNIPPED
>
>It could stop if there was agreement Tom.

There can never be an agreement as long one party refuses to answer
questions, stonewalls, smokescreen, and denies the results of standard AC
circuit analysis.

>The way I view it is that there
>are a number of individuals on this reflector with engineering
>backrounds. I have yet to see a unaminous  consensus on the suppressor
>issue. To me that means a lot more discussion is warranted, no matter how
>painful to some.

Amen, Carl.  The subject of VHF parasitic suppression is not simple.  How
many *QST* articles have appeared on it in the last 20 years.  Three to
best of my memory.  Mr. Rauch's pal, Reid Brandon, W6MTF, of Eimac's
marketing dept.  said he couldn't remember seeing any.

FLASH BULLETIN
- We may be heading for a VHF parasitics denouement on the [AMPS]
mailing-list.  The question I proposed about the 29MHz dissipation from
the 200 ohm Rs/200nH Ls - -  MAY  is intended to bring speedy relief.
-  There is an admittedly remote possibility that Mr. Rauch just might
switch his smoke generator to Standby and explain why he cancelled his 28
November 1996 post.

>Remember, they used to execute those who professed the world was not
>flat.

As i recall a few were burned alive at the stake by some holy guys who
claimed to be science experts.
- .  Dr. Louis Pasteur also ran into some resistance when he suggested
that surgeons wash with soap and water before performing surgery.
However, in France, in the 1860s, burning folks alive was Politically
Incorrect.

Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K