[AMPS] Re: de-toxified dihydrogen monoxide

Ian White, G3SEK G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 19:03:49 +0100

George T. Daughters wrote:
>> Peter...in the Colonies it's imbibed cold and in the Mother Country at room
>> temperature.

Cellar temperature, actually - in the pubs that still have one. We just
don't like our beer paralyzed.

> In California they add ice.
>
>i hate to start a quarrel on this normally calm reflector, but as a
>native californian, i'd like to squelch this rumor ASAP.  like others
>in the colonies, we like it cold, but we *don't* add ice to the drink
>itself!

Thank goodness for that! Ice is the solid form of that proven toxic
substance.

BTW, another way to detoxify it is to pour it into an equal quantity of
single malt Scotch whisky. DO NOT add it in the solid form!

73 from Ian G3SEK