[AMPS] SB-220

Rod Fitz-Randolph w5hvv@aeneas.net
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 14:41:05 -0500

I have an amateur friend that has an opportunity to purchase a
"Pristine" SB-200 for $300, however, the present owner (who has
only owned it for 3 months says that "those that claim 1,000 watts
output are not realistic and that 500 to 600 watts is more
realistic".

Question:  what is the power output (key down) that can realistically
be expected from an SB-200 with good tubes?  Does the 500-600 watts
the present owner spoke of indicate possible soft or flat tubes?

What is a good price for a really good condition SB-200?  Is the $300
price reasonable or should my acquaintance look for a very good condx
SB-220?

Anyone out there have a really fine condition (inside and out) SB-220
that they want to sell?

Your comments appreciated.

Thank you,

Rod, N5HV