[AMPS] Class E MOSFET Amps

Mark Hall markeh@erols.com
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 06:31:58 -0500

Hi all:

I'm new to this archive and have built a somewhat figity 4-1000
amplifier over the past couple years.  Almost afraid to "fire" it up
because the plate gets so bright red/orange.  4.5 KV scares the heck out
of me and more than a couple times I've heard a loud "SNAP" from the
darned thing.  It keeps cranking nevertheless.  It's no beauty, but does
the job.  I've been looking for info on Class E solid state amplifiers
and was wondering if anyone has experimented with or built one.
Primarily interested in 7 through 21 MHz which should be possible
without resorting to $100+ Motorola  MOSFETs.  Any clues to this elusive
animal would be greatly appreciated.

'73  KI4Z