[AMPS] 432 Mhz Amp Plus new tube

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 09:54:15 -0500

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998 02:29:51 -0800 (PST) igor rosky <irosky@yahoo.com>
writes:

>What is the easiest 432 mhz amp design to build, and what tube should
>i use if i am purchasing a new tube.
>All i have is couple of 4xc350fs which i am not sure if the are rated
>for 432megs
>

>Igor

IF you have access to one it may be far simpler to purchase the
AM-6154/6155  FAA amp. They are available in the $150-300 dollar range
depending if they are already converted to 432.
The amp uses the 8930 tetrode and will run 300-400W out with 10W drive.
The Svetlana 4CX400A is virtually a plug-in replacement.

For new construction and low drive I would suggest the 4CX400A.  The
4CX250B and 250R series will also work quite well.
The 350F is only rated to 110mHZ for full ratings.

There are several choices in triodes and other tetrodes but cost and
availability may be an issue.

73  Carl  KM1H

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]