[AMPS] TL-922 Again

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 01:06:18 -0500

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998 22:49:43 -0330 "Gus VO1MP" <gussam@newcomm.net>
writes:

>VO1MP  Gus Samuelson
>St. Phillips Newfoundland
>

>> >Well after what turned out to be a successful repair
>> >I notice that my TL-922 has now developed an intermittent
>> >IP reading of about 100 mils while idling in the 2000V position
>> >and about 1.5 mils in the 3000 V position .
>> >Out put is not affected and for the first time in along while
>> >the amp with a pair of brand new Eimacs is delivering full power.
>> >If I get an opportunity over the Christmas break I will take the
>> >covers off again.
>> >Any suggestions where I should look first problems ?
>> >
>> Is the 922 completely stock?
>> -  thanks
>>

>> Rich...
>>
>> R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures
>

>Yep  Rich  .... only mod here is the 10 meter
>that I did in November 1988 according to my Manual.
>
>In any event  the manual says I SHOULD SEE
>150ma IP  when in LP operate mode or sty mode and
>200ma IP in HP mode.
>I think now that the thing is operating properly for the first time
>and I'm not accustomed to seeing it that way ??  !!
>Still would  like to know why the IP meter occasionally
>does not have any reading in idle  or standby mode as
>suggested by the manual ?
>Oh well if it ain't broke mebbe I shouldn't fix it.
>
>73 Gus

Gus, stock condx is often best when trying to troubleshoot. The 922
schematic is accurate. The worse nightmare is trying to decipher add-on
changes that are not documented.
>From your latest description I would tend to concentrate in the bias
supply area.

Sorry couldnt answer earlier, some of us work for a living!

73   Carl  KM1H

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]