[AMPS] I.C.E. filters - reply to Carl

Phil T. (VE3OZZ) phil@vaxxine.com
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 08:45:51

>>the filters. Marv sited high insertion loss at 29 MHZ amongst other
>>things.
>
>Hmmmm.  I mentioned experiences that Marv then commented on, guess you
>forgot me...
>
>Let me repeat that after a very early problem I have been 100% happy with
>ICE products
>
>73  Carl  KM1H

I think you're right Carl.  I think I got 7 e-mails about ICE filters.
Rather than recite all comments in those e-mails, I chose to just
"summarise" the general gist of them in this most recent post. Marv and I
were back and forth a few times about this subject 'off-line',  so his
comments ended-up sticking with me.   Now I must admit that I did forget
that you had stated that you were happy with more recent ICE products...my
apologies.  I'm perhaps a good example of what happens when an issue like
this comes up - after some time passes, I remember all the NEGATIVE stuff
quite well.

The only reason I followed this up is to get a more complete picture of the
issue.  The ICE units appear to be robust well made units, and they are a
reasonable price. It would be a shame to overlook using a product because
of negative impressions that aren't fully justified.

Thanks

Phil