[AMPS] Keying Clipperton L w/ FT-840

Doug Person ki6bq@ibm.net
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:17:45 -0500

Jonathan,

The amplifier keying circuit in the Yaseu rigs I mentioned do not
shunt the keying voltage to ground as normal switching circuits do.

The FL-7000 relies upon a change in voltage level to key - and a very
small change I might add.  The FB-757 relay box will engage its internal
relay just fine from this voltage change.  With the FB-757, you can
key just about any amplifier.  This is from experience - I have used
it with a Clipperton-L and several others - works just fine!

73,

Doug -- W4DXV