[AMPS] RCA tube ID

rfp@rfparts.com rfp@rfparts.com
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 17:08:28 -0800

I thought I would ask if anyone might have a clue as to the idenity
of a strange RCA tube used in a 1965 Microdot Model 227 s/n 1 power
amplifier 200-400 MHz owned by Joe K6IBY.

Joe brought the tube by in hopes the we could find someone who could
recognize it and possibly locate another.  I cannot find any indication
of p/n.  Only the engraved characters J000 & J820 on the end of the
anode cylinder.  Perhaps this was a very small production run.

This is a conduction cooled cermalox tetrode with 5 concentric rings.
Ht 2.4", anode cylinder OD 1.3", anode ring OD 1.75", Screen ring
OD 1.6".  I could not find a similar outline in my big red book.
However, perhaps someone has a better library of these valves.

Thanks,  Merit  W6NQ