[AMPS] Pulse rating in vacuum tubes

Bob Marston k1ta@earthlink.net
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 19:35:49 -0700

Hi All

Been on the list for 10 monthes now and have a question that been gnawing
at me for quite sone time that I have not seen answered. It deals with the
P rating given to vacuum tubes for pulse service. Tube manufacturers seem
to make both variants of the same tube as in 4CX-250 and 4CPX-250. Every
thread on this list seems to use these 2 types interchangeably. Is there a
difference in the Pulse variant? Are they engineered differently? Are they
a derated version of the standard tube? Are there  additional factors to
watch for when constructing an amp with these tubes?

73s
Bob K1TA