[AMPS] Blowers

Paul Hrivnak palstar@erinet.com
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 16:06:10 -0500 (EST)

        I have used new oil burner furnace blowers which actually run at a
low speed ( 1000 rpm ). They are ,however, large in diameter(6 to 8"). In
order to boost the backpressure to higher level I put them in series aiding
with respect to the air flow. The power supply and the blower assy was
installed in a separate inclosure and the air supply was fed to the amp
deck via a hose 2" in dia which can be purchased from Mcmaster-Carr in
Cleveland. The tube was a 5cx5000A.It was very quiet and not offensive.The
idea of the game is to pick out low speed blower like a Dayton 1C982 which
runs at 1400 RPM and can produce 90cfm at .4". This would ok for a pair of
3cx1200A7 or similar but a little much for a pair of 3-500Z"s for eg. The
price according to the Grainger catalog for the 2C069 is $59.35 ( not cheap
) But if  you are using a $1000 tube or tubes this is not the place to
scrimp. Regards  Paul

Bramco Palstar Inc.
Piqua, OH  45356
palstar@erinet.com