[AMPS] Thank You

Jon Ogden jono@webspun.com
Fri, 13 Mar 98 17:37:49 -0600

>Jon, I hope that you read my complete message...I 100% agree here. My
>TS-940 absolutely requires the internal tuner when I use my 160M
>verticals on 30 and 17M for instance.

Yes, I did get it.  :-)

That's why I agreed.  However, some solid state rigs don't have
auto-tuners or they are an expensive option.  Then you are left with
having to use an external tuner.

Also, I just prefer to use one because of the additional harmonic
attenuation.  Sure, you can add a band pass filter, but remember that
filter was designed to work correctly within a 50 Ohm system.  So even to
get your bandpass filter to work correctly, you will likely need to use a
tuner.  Now, if the PA is so clean that it doesn't need a filter, that's
a different story.

73,

Jon
KE9NA