[AMPS] Re:

Jon Ogden jono@webspun.com
Wed, 20 May 98 00:30:50 -0500

>him
>good
>>>
>>>However, adding a bit of X to make one's calculations come out more
>>>favourably, undoubtedly gives one a leg up.
>>
>>The 200 nH is inductance for the anode lines to the blocking cap were a
>>guess by Ian.  So the inductance is less.  It still doesn't change the
>>mathematical principles.  Also, as we have discussed recently, the job of
>>the resistor is not to abosrb oscillations, but supress them.  So wether
>>the 100 Ohms is transformed to 1K or 100K by inductances makes no
>>difference.  The math still holds.
>>
>I don't think it will hold up on a Z-analyzer.

So Rich, are you saying that textbooks are incorrect?  As I thought more
about this, I realized that purely reactive networks do indeed make one
load look like another.  For example, we make a 3500 Ohm impedance of a
tube look like 50 Ohms to our antenna.  We make an antenna of some
impedance look like 50 Ohms with an LC matching network.  Same principle
applies here.  I really would like to see your results on a Z analyzer
because if you can prove it wrong, you've just thrown a good part of the
current RF theory out the window.

73,

Jon
KE9NA