[AMPS] Excess hfe and ft

Jon Ogden jono@webspun.com
Fri, 22 May 98 20:23:53 -0500

>Modern microwave technology will blow your mind John.  I
>work...daily....on 38-40GHz xcvrs that will output +20dBm over 400
>channels  and test out at a RX NF under 5dB for the complete system.
>The lab guys are into bigger and better...I'm just a tech!

Carl, is correct!

It's amazing how far microwave amplifiers and such have progressed in the
last 10 years.  Just 5 or 6 years ago, no one was doing 1 watt amplifiers
in industry standard plastic packages at 2 GHz.  Nowadays, they are
everywhere and they are CHEAP too.  It really is amazing.

I envy you, Carl.  Microwave systems are incredibly fun to play with.
Great stuff.  My first job was working on Gunn diode oscillators.  But I
digress....they aren't amplifiers.  :-)

73,

Jon
KE9NA