[AMPS] Sealing of RF chamber

Jon Ogden jono@webspun.com
Fri, 22 May 98 21:01:19 -0500

Hi all,

I am in the process of putting my 4-1000 amp back together.  YES!

Anyhow, the original builder used silicone between the part of the
chassis underneath the blower and the bottom panel.  I'll call the area
underneath the blower the RF chamber since that is where the tube and
most of the RF circuitry is.  Anyhow, he used the silicone to attempt to
make an air tight a chamber as possible.  The problem is it made a mess
if you had to take the bottom cover off.

So is sealing off the RF chamber really necessary?  I have replaced the
original blower with a 3300 RPM blower with a 3.5" squirrel cage.  It
really moves a LOT of air.

Should I seal it up, or just rely on the mechanical pressure I get from
the screws that hold on the bottom cover?

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden