SV: [AMPS] Re:G2DAF - final comments?

Lars Harlin harlins@swipnet.se
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 19:21:21 +0200

<I think itīs getting abouth time to try a DAF-amp myself, have a lot
<of QBL tubes collecting dust in the basement.

<73, Jim SM2EKM

<Ps: How about 4-1000A in a G2DAF amp, would that tube work?

Jim,

My belive is that it should work just fine. I know that 4-400 has been used in DAF amps, and  4-1000A
seems to consume about the same maximum screen power as the QBL5/3500. g2 voltage is rated 500 to 1000 Volts depending on the class of operation wich is fairly simple to achieve with a diode quadrupler.

Max Screen dissipation is 75 W and max Grid dissipation is 25 W. That should indicate that 100 W of
drive is enough to drive the tube to its limits.....

73 de Lars/SM3BDZ