[AMPS] Cleaning Amp

VO1MP gussam@newcomm.net
Thu, 05 Nov 1998 11:30:18 -0330

CLEAN UP ??

Recently acquired an old SB-220 from an estate sale and
am presently replacing the diode string  on the circuit board.

I have had this unit for almost a year now and it functioned
flawlessly until one of the diodes exploded I would like to keep it
as a back up to my TL-922. Which BTW is now back in service Tks for all
the help
from AMPS reflectorees.

However, the matter at hand ,  upon removing the covers I note that
this unit has tremendous internal grease/smoke/goo everywhere !!
The previous owner must have smoked havanas and blew the smoke into
 the chassis to cool the tubes hi!
What is the recommended method to safely and efficiently clean this
 mess out of the unit  ??  Spray  , ? Rinse ?  Cleaning solvent ,
I know  what i would  like to do " use Easy Off " ( oven cleaner) and
 then run it through the car wash ( facetious here  please don't jump ).
Any recommendations , spray  solutions which can be used ?

Tks es 73 Gus VO1MP