[AMPS] Connectors

Ian White, G3SEK G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 21:21:47 +0100

Marv gonsior wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>It was interesting to read the comments about connectors for RF and I was
>surprised that no one mentioned the "C" type that I have used for years.
>They have a much more rugged center pin and I have never had a failure
>with them.  Are others using this type?
>
>For those not familiar with the "C" type.......they are the same overall
>size as the "N" type but bayonet into place like the "BNCs."
>
>Any comments?

I had good experience with C connectors, until the local supply ran out.

The only potential problem is that the "spring" that holds the mated
pair firmly together is a rubber gasket, same as in a BNC. In old
connectors the rubber can perish, leaving the plug body free to move.
Even so, I never had one fail.

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek