[AMPS]"cheapest amp known to mankind"

Zdzislaw R Sawicki ab2et@juno.com
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 23:11:19 -0500

My,My Dan,
Many of the "Boys" as you call them and BTW I consider myself one, are
not as fortunate as the National Sales Manager for Henry Radio in
availability of Amps and Cash.

Many consider "Ham Radio" as a hobby and not a business and like other
involved in a hobby they have Other More Pressing commitments for their
limited cash (the family).

Many have to do with what is scrounged, picked up for a "song and a
dance" or even inherited from a "older" Ham and "instant on" may not be
the most imperative point.

I have played with "older" Henry amps and I find them NO different in
operation or even construction then "some of the "cheapest amp known to
mankind".
As a matter of fact many of the "cheaper" Amps  had more Value per Watt
and for sure  SIZE then the Henry Amps of the same time periods (lets
talk about the Heath Amps).

I see NO reason that Anyone needs to save for a "Real Henry Amp", many
older Henry, Heath ETO/Alpha's  are looking for good homes for a lot LESS
the what the NEW versions cost.

Please Remember this is a HOBBY for most, and in My opinion its more
important to spend your scarce cash on the Best and most Functional
Transceiver that your wallet can stand, and then and only if you need it
go and get a Amp.

73's and Cheers
  Steve
  oo
 (__)         AB2ET
"I bet two extra terrestrials"

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:47:01 -0800 "Radiodan W7RF" <RFpower@radiodan.com>
writes:

>Hi Doug and the boys,
>
>I never understand why guys get the cheapest amp known to mankind and
>then
>want to press it for more than it was designed for?
>
>Use it for the power it will put out safely and save up for a real
>amp!
>
>There is no shortcut.
>
>73, Dan Magro W7RF, (member SCDXC, SCCC)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]