[AMPS] Dust off the Amp & 4-1000 & 3-1000 Tube sources?

DavidC davidc@bit-net.com
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 21:39:33 -0400

> Just went to a fairly large hamfest today (Gaithersburg, MD)and the
> selection of amplifier parts for sale is absolutely pathetic(nothing for
> sale). What is happening out there?
> Bob K8NY

Bob:  The biggest problem up here is that the pirates and illegal CB
operators are buying up the best of the high power components ... I'd hate
to guess the source of much of their money, but they sure seem to have tons
of cash to throw around!  Perhaps if we could nudge the FCC into doing the
enforcement job they are required by Congressional mandate to do we might
have fewer CB operators hoarding the components they legally have no use
for.  73, DavidC  AA1FA