[AMPS] relay specs needed.

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Mon, 14 Sep 98 17:37:00 -0800

>I picked up a couple of new looking transco relays today and would like
>the spec for them.The first one is a "Y" type with 115 VAC coils and N
>type sockets,the part number is 11870.I was thinking of using it as the
>main antenna changeover relay on my 8877 for 6m.I'm sure I read
>somewhere that the power handling was quite good on these.I will be
>using a TR sequencer and the relay will not be hot switched.
>The 2nd type says Switch RF XMSN LINE and has 28vdc coils.The part
>number on this one is 15300-12.I paid 10 UKP each for them,it seemed
>like a very good deal to me.
>I also got a couple of Jennings Vac relays type RJIA26NI067,I was
>thinking of using these to swich off the eht during fault conditions,is
>this ok if it comes after a 50 ohm series resistor?Or will it continue
>to arc?What is the DC rating for these devices?

Jennings says no hotswitching for the RJIA.  The RJ1H is the hotswitch
version.  Copper contacts are good for RF.  Tungsten contacts are good
for hotswitching.  With a suitable glitch resistor in series with the
anode supply, a relay is not needed.  // The RJ1A works well at 50MHz
provided short leads (preferably of copper foil) are used, plus a
suitable shunt C to gnd to cancel stray L.  My guess is that the RJIA
will carry at least a kilowatt @50MHz.

-  later, Conrad

Rich...