[AMPS] resistance to......

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Mon, 21 Sep 98 09:49:25 -0800

>Carl says:
>
>>The resistors as used here are a pair of 100 Ohm 5W MOX in
>>parallel....they do get a bit warm with a 3-500Z at 50MHz but not
>>alarmingly warm after a full minute key down.
>
>Carl, is there not an advantage to the 'classical' approach that as the
>operating frequency goes down, the shunt reactance goes down, so there is
>less loss in the resistors? I was taught that you use the minimum amount of
>inductance that stops the parasitic, 'cos that gives least loss in the
>suppressor.

As operating freq. decreases, L-sup can increase without risk to R-sup.
More L-sup equates to lower VHF Q in the anode resonant circuit, which
improves VHF stability.  //  Also, what it takes to stop the parasitic is
probably not going to be the same for all tubes. Better to go an extra
mile, methinks.

-  later, Peter

Rich...