[AMPS] Series Parallel Electrolytics & Current

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Mon, 28 Sep 98 10:52:59 -0800

Carl writes:
>Identical rated caps made in the USA by CDE are available from Mouser.
>Part # 381LX471M450A052 ( Mouser # 5985-450V470) are $11.29 ea  Qty
>10-99.

The rating is 85ºC.  The Panasonic capacitor is rated at 105ºC.  The price on the CDE cap. is currently $10.21 at 10 - 99 units.  .

>These and the Panasonic are good caps but be careful of the ESR and
>ripple current ratings which are signifigantly worse than computer grade
>caps.

The Panasonic caps. are rated for ripple current in the Digikey catalog.  .  The CDE computer grade caps are not rated for ripple current in the Mouser catalog.  .  Good ripple current rating means low ESR.

Rich...