[AMPS] RE:Grid driven triodes

Jan.E.Holm@telia.se Jan.E.Holm@telia.se
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 08:26:02 +0200

   Too bad FCC cant stretch their actions to cover Europe.
   Over here the splatter situation is worse then ever.

    73, SM2EKM
---------------------

At 09:33 AM 3/31/99 -0800, Rich Measures wrote:

>€  Bridge-neutralization and an unbalanced Pi tank could provide
general
>coverage Class AB1 operation for a (low-Mu) triode - as it does with
>tetrodes and pentodes.   .  See Figure 5 on my Web site.  The only
change
>needed for a triode is to decrease the ratio of the bridge
capacitances.
>-   A problem with grid-driven  Class AB2 and Class B operation is c.
>minus 20db ssb-voice IMD.  Even though this is perfectly FCC-legal as
>long as the feculence stays within the amateur service band in use,
>anyone who runs high power with high distortion is quite likely to be
>viewed as an anathema.

Hi Rich

While it may be FCC-legal the FCC is taking interest in nearby
distortion
products. It was reported on the ARRL's web page that among the FCC's
recent enforcement actions on the high end of 20 was notices of general
inquiry to several operators for wide signals. It was stated that these
were not official citations for rules violations but the FCC did express
it's interest in what it believed was improper operation and wanted
information regarding the equipment being used.

73s
Bob K1TA

 <<Fil: RE_ [AMPS] Grid driven triodes.TXT>>