Re: [AMPS] feeding_two_PA´s

G3CWI@aol.com G3CWI@aol.com
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:22:57 EDT

I would be inclined to use a simple splitter at the input to both amps and
take a small (3dB) hit on the TL922 output and an even smaller hit on the 91B
output (1dB). In practice you may find that the decreases are not even that
much.

Another option might be to build a 200Watt amp to boost the imput power up.
Many modern rigs will actually give rather more than 100 watts if you adjust
the ALC - 150 watts is not uncommon I'm told. If you take care of the cooling
of the rig this might be an good option... Of course there is a risk but if
the dBs count that much...

73
Richard
G3CWI