[AMPS] re: Hammarlund HXL-ONE

Robert Traister dxcc@shentel.net
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:26:15 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01BEE7DA.26C3B740

I recently inherited a Hammarlund HXL-ONE amplifier and original manual. The
amp uses a pair of 572Bs and also includes a pair of new Cetron spares. The
picture of the amp in the manual shows it as having no indicator lamps on
the front panel. However, this unit contains two indicator lamps (green and
orange covers for Power-On and Transmit) on either side of the balance
control. They appear to be factory-installed, but it might just be a good
modification by a former owner. I would rate it as an 8.5 in appearance and
a 9.5 in performance on all bands 80-10 meters. The front panel, knobs,
lettering, etc. are excellent. Can anyone tell me if the panel lamps are a
non-factory modification and give me an idea of what this amp is worth so
that I may properly insure it?  Thanks.

Bob

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01BEE7DA.26C3B740

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I recently inherited a Hammarlund HXL-ONE amplifier =
and=20
original manual. The amp uses a pair of 572Bs and also includes a pair =
of new=20
Cetron spares. The picture of the amp in the manual shows it as having =
no=20
indicator lamps on the front panel. However, this unit contains two =
indicator=20
lamps (green and orange covers for Power-On and Transmit) on either side =
of the=20
balance control. They appear to be factory-installed, but it might just =
be a=20
good modification by a former owner. I would rate it as an 8.5 in =
appearance and=20
a 9.5 in performance on all bands 80-10 meters. The front panel, knobs,=20
lettering, etc. are excellent. Can anyone tell me if the panel lamps are =
a=20
non-factory modification and give me an idea of what this amp is worth =
so that I=20
may properly insure it?&nbsp; Thanks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Bob</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01BEE7DA.26C3B740--