[AMPS] Input Match

Phil Levin drpal@waterw.com
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:18:40 -0400

For the life of me I cannot attain an input match on this G-D D$%&^$
sb-200 at 6 meters.  I have tried what I think is everything.  Pi, L
types of networks.  Wound various coils, tried diff cap. values.

Presently I have approx.  3 turns 18 ga on coil form (Ferrite core makes
SWR little worse, copper etc. no better)  W/ variable ceramics in PI
net, 7-40pf.  SWR at best is 4:1.  Am using MFJ analyzer on input, relay
closed w/ match pack and antenna for load on output.  (Which has better
than 2:1 match).  I know I need a Q of 2, how in the world do I get this
match.  Please steer me in the right direction.  Have removed SWR bridge
coupling in amp and ran good RG8/x for all coax runs.  Help, I'm abt to
go POSTAL.*

Phil W2GE

* Reminds me of a joke....   What does it mean when the post office is
flying there flag at half staff??

They're hiring..........