[AMPS] Autotune arrives for the 87A!

Dick Green Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 00:07:30 -0400

I just received my ALPHAMAX firmware and ALPHAREMOTE software upgrade
package to add autotune and Windows remote control to my 87A. Alpha Power
has done a fine job on the upgrade. The installation was a breeze and the
performance of the autotune algorithm is excellent. It is amazingly fast and
fascinating to watch. The autotune feature does exactly what I want it to
do: automatically retune when I use multiple antennas on the same band
during a contest. It also performs the slight retuning required when I
switch bandpass stubs in and out of the feedline. This is a major
improvement to an amplifier that already is the finest in amateur radio. The
$99 price for the upgrade is very reasonable and offers excellent value to
the customer. I highly recommend the upgrade for all 87A owners.

73, Dick WC1M