[AMPS] knock a 3-500z short loose..?

measures measures@vcnet.com
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 14:29:38 -0700

>  I have fixed that by discharging about a 1000 ufd cap charged
>to about 15-20 volts between the filament/grid. No promises!

The hat trick is to fix it so that the tube does not short when at normal
operating temp.  To do this, you need a tube that exhibits a cold g/f
withstanding potential of 6 to 9 kV.  To straighten bent filament
helices, we apply 10g for 20 - 40 seconds with a fil potential of c.
5.6v.

cheers, Mark  WB8JKR