[AMPS] (and CW Relevance)

Andy Wallace andywallace@home.com
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 09:10:36 -0600

Peter--

My last comment on this subject, I'm sure to the relief of many--this seems to
be a highly emotionally charged issue--I AM NOT anti-code; Like you I enjoy
code, use it, and hope it will be around for hobbyists for years to come. I just
don't think it is appropriate to screen prospective hams on their code abilities
as we enter the 21st century-IMHO by doing so we lose credibility with
prospective hams who then follow pursuits they view as more in keeping with the
times. What could then happen to the hobby is a matter of simple arithmetic and
the passage of time.(we old farts are going to die out).

Regards,  Andy  K5VM