[AMPS] Metering a GG amp

William L. Fuqua III wlfuqu00@pop.uky.edu
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 08:18:45 -0500 (EST)

  A friend of mine had built an amplifier and his plate current meter
would read very little current when the transmitter was keyed.
In fact the current would decrease some times. He showed me the
schematic and I asked what kind of diode he had placed across the
metering circuit. He had uses a fast diode. I suggested he replace
it with a slow power diode such as a 1N4004 or 1N4007.
  It worked. His protection diodes were detecting RF and deflecting
the meter the wrong way.HI HI HI. This amp had 4 811A's and worked
just fine after that.

73
Bill wa4lav

  William L. Fuqua III  P.E.  E-mail WLFUQU00@POP.UKY.EDU  Phone (606) 257-4155
  Department of Physics and Astronomy      CP-177 Chem. Phys. Bldg.
  University of Kentucky ,                 Lexington, Ky 40506-0055