[Fwd: [AMPS] Edge wound .1-40 uH Variable from SSN - comments-?]

Jim Jim" <jdc@ieway.com
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:12:07 -0800

I saw the "jig" that is used to roll the coil in the Nye Viking MB V A, at
the factory in north Idaho. Hard to explain, but really works neat!!   Just
some wheels and rollers.....hooked to a lathe at very slow speed.....

BTW Rich and Carl, What do you think of the idea that Henry uses for there
tanks in some of there amps. ??

Having a fixed value of C tune, and a roller coil for the "plate tuning"
..It uses a Pi-L and a standard loading cap.   There is no C tune used on 10
and 15 meters. Just the tube and stray capacitance. The amps put out a good
1500 watts on 10 and 15 meters both......(2kd5)....They use "door knobs" for
the tune caps. Using a neat switching arrangement for selecting them......

Besides the high filament voltage and the low value of R across the
electrolytic caps, the amp works great....

Comments please...
What is the current through the door knob caps ?

Thanks and 73

Jim W7RY