[AMPS] What (modern) tube to use?

Phil T. (VE3OZZ) phil@vaxxine.com
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 20:03:26

Joe, I've always been intrigued by the 3CX5000A7 and 3CX10,000B7 but Ive
yet to find a surplus one.  These require no socket (bolt directly to
chassis), and the heaters draw less current than a pair of 3-500Z's.  The
cathodes are oxide coated, indirectly heated (obviously), so warm up is
required.

Don't know anyone that's used one for an amateur amp but there must be
someone.

Phil T