No subject

John T. M. Lyles jtml@lanl.gov
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 14:26:01 -0700

As far as testing HV supplies go, use higher value resistors like Jim
Strohm suggested. A 1 Ohm load would just blow fuses fast (one hopes).

We had Universal Voltronics Corp test a 18 KV 6 Amp plate power supply last
year, at their facility. I have a photo of the dummy load they concocted. I
would like to upload it to someones website where you can look, if anyone
is curious. Its a small JPEG image. Let me know if anyone is interested in
seeing the thing. Don't laugh, it's really a bunch of Nichrome heater
elements, many in series. It works!

john
K5PRO