[AMPS] Henry Roller Coil

Radio WC6W wc6w@juno.com
Thu, 07 Jan 1999 23:57:55 EST

>Isn't a ribbon coil the kind that uses the "flat stock" type of
material,
>eg, 1/4" strap?
>
>The Johnson roller coils I am familiar with use a ceramic form and
somewhere
>around a #12 solid, round conductor.
>
>Lane
>KM3G

  The small (3 & 5 amp) Johnson 229 series use the ceramic form
construction with round wire.

  The larger Johnson coils use edge wound ribbon or even copper tubing.

   If I recall correctly, the 222 series is most similar in construction
to the Henry coils with the contact rotating on the inside.

   The Johnson 226 series rotates an edge wound coil, without a full
ceramic form, against a fixed contact.

    And for the big stuff, the Johnson 224 series utilizes an inner
contact design with 3/8 or 1/2 inch tubing for 30 and 40 amp ratings
respectively.

73,
   Marv  WC6W

*

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]