[AMPS] Tube identification

K4SO@aol.com K4SO@aol.com
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 21:29:58 EST

Thanks to those answering my initial inquiry. The numbers provided are
apparently a date code, although not in the format I was familiar with on my
4-1000s and 8874s. Also, I have now explored that Eimac website at the
suggestion of another, but it lacks a handy search facility (but I did read
the extensive list of available specs). Now, I have a the Motorola designation
on the tube, as provided by the owner:  65-83382-D02. This is apparently the
only other designation on the tube, which he describes as having very little
discoloration, so I don't think he burned the actual tube number off!

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks!

73, Mark