[AMPS] MHV & SHV Connector supplies.

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 17:55:36 -0500

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999 14:49:28 EST nospam4me@juno.com (Skip S Isaham)
writes:

>Re: MHV and SHV connectors.
>
>I purchase quite a few connectors through Newark which is also called
>Farnell. Just got a bag of Amphenol MHV sent in. You can find them on
>line also. I prefer to use their older (pre-Farnell merger) short fat
>catalog,

Me too Skip, got them both.

but a phone call can request the un-wieldy over weight phone
>book size catalog. I also purchase HV wire from Newark, rated to 10KV,
>quality stuff from
>Belden and other mfgrs.

Overpriced. You can buy nice  20-30KV wire from Alden Products or even
from xfmr companies. I was buying reel ends of 30KV #18 wire from a local
xfmr mfg at half his cost.

BTW, I just ran the hi-pot on the RG-213 with Teflon PL259/SO239 up to
7500V and held it for 1 hour. Way over the cable rating but it would
appear to be mighty safe at the 5KV and under level with new cable. I did
not try the standard style Amphenol dielectric and would not even think
of using RatShack or other off-shore crap.
Would also suggest a HV series resistor and A HV fuse.

73  Carl   KM1H