[AMPS] ARRL and QST

Jon Ogden jono@enteract.com
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 23:42:55 -0600

>A few hearty souls will build an amplifier
>every once in a while. As to cutting edge stuff like spread
>spectrum...forget it...

But nothing does prohibit a Technician Class ham from building an amp for
his license class.  And I don't think that spread spectrum is going to
fly in HF.  Both of these are doable in with a Tech license and have
NOTHING to do with learning code.  Reducing code requirements will not
give us a smarter amateur.

But I ask this?  How many tech class hams are building amps at VHF/UHF?
What is so special about HF that giving it to them would suddenly save
our hobby, revive all the technical expertise and so on?

OK, OK I'll stop.  I promise this time.

73,

Jon
KE9NA