[AMPS] ARRL and QST

K3BU@aol.com K3BU@aol.com
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:26:07 EST

In a message dated 1/27/99 7:02:16 AM Eastern Standard Time, wrt@eskimo.com
writes:

<<  I have an extra class and
 am proud of it, but I don't see any point in forcing someone else to
 learn something against their will.  The operative word here is HOBBY,
 remember?

Nobody is forcing anything on anybody against their will!
We are using "public" airwaves, world can hear us. Much more than "just"
hobby. It is a privilege to have and operate transmitter.
Fits more in the category of piloting the airplane, driving the car or train.
The point is that there is some knowledge required in order not to cause
damage and interference to others.
 If I want the extra class, and there are requirements, I will study, pass the
exam and be proud of my achievement. If one doesn't want to bother with it,
then there are woodworking, photography, .....
Just puzzles me: Why all those who want the ham license for nothing, do not
operate on CB band? You don ned 'no notin!
Looks like Clintonistas are screwing people's thinking, logic and values.